plum and almond cake
Basic ingredients for plum and almond cake
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup standard all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup of almond meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium plums
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
How to make plum and almond cake
- Cut plums into 12 “half-moons”, then cut the rest into cubes. Set aside. Combine the milk, and vinegar and allow it to rest for 10 minutes in a large bowl. After 10 minutes, add the eggs and sugar.
- Next, add the flour, almond meal, and baking powder. Finally, mix in the salt. Mix everything until well combined. Mix in the oil until it is well combined. This may take several mixes.
- Add the chopped plums and almond pieces. Place the cake in a 20cm/8-inch round tin. Add the “half-moon”, plums to the top. Bake the cake at 180C/360F for 25 to 35 minutes, or until it is golden brown.