They were all delicious and I would have eaten them all. I love a good pastry, as you all know. This one was amazing. You can serve it with a side dish, a salad, or on its own. The addition of broccoli to the mix is a great idea. If you don’t like this delicious vegetable, you will be begging for more.
It’s high in fiber & iron, has antioxidants, and helps to reduce inflammation. You may have been advised to avoid broccoli if you have an underactive thyroid. Talk to your doctor for more information. Hope you enjoy it.
Basic Ingredients for filo parcels
- Six sheets of filo pastry
- Four tablespoons of melted butter
- Filling:120g broccoli florets, cut into bite-size
- 130g cottage cheese
- Two tablespoons parmesan cheese
- One tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 250g cooked bbq chicken, shredded or cut into bite-size
How to make filo parcels
- Broccoli can be boiled, steamed, or microwaved. This recipe calls for the addition of the florets to a microwaveable dish.
- I then added two tablespoons of water and covered it. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Remember It will be hot so be careful when you take it out. It may take a minute to check if it is cooked through.
- Set aside the water. Pre-heat oven 180C. After this, In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese and dijon mustard.
- Mix the chicken, parmesan cheese, and broccoli in a large bowl. Lay a piece of filo pastry flat. Butter the filo pastry and then fold it in half. Two tablespoons of the mixture should be placed in the middle of each pastry.
- Gather the corners and twist gently to seal the edges. Twist once more.
- Repeat this process with each filo pastry. Now Bake each one on a parchment-lined tray for 20 minutes or until golden.