fatless victoria sponge
Basic Ingredients for fatless victoria sponge
- Maida 150 gms
- Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Egg
- 6 nos Sugar powder
- 150gms Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 20 gms
How to make fatless victoria sponge
- Combine 150gms Maida with 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix.
- Now Separate the yolk from the white of 6 eggs. Separate the yolk and white into separate bowls.
- Add 150gms of sugar powder to the egg yolk bowl and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence. After this, Beat the batter until it becomes fluffy and soft.
- Add 20 gms sugar and 1/4 tsp vanilla essence to the egg whites bowl. Beat well until you reach soft peak consistency.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg yolk batter in three portions. Fold in the egg whites as it thickens. Gently fold in the batter, making sure to not lose any air.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Put the batter in an 8-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan on a flat surface like a table.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.