This really may be the best recipe to create chewy yet slightly crunchy outside flapjacks. I have already been to so many festivals and so they create terrible flapjacks that are too soft or lack flavor. All these are so easy to create and when you stick to this recipe rather difficult to go wrong.
Basic Ingredients for flapjack recipe
- 125g butter
- Three tbsps golden syrup
- 125g soft brown sugar (can use caster if it’s the sole sugar on your cabinet )
- 250g porridge oats
Equipment: Medium/ large saucepan, wooden spoon, alloy tbsp, measuring spoon (tablespoon ), cooling rack, sharp knife, chopping board, and baking tin.
How to make flapjack recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C Processor / Gas mark 4/ 350°F.
- Grease plus a tin.
- Put the butter, sugar, and syrup into a pan and then melt a low heat.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the oats.
- Pour into a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in the oven for about around 20 minutes.
- Once cooked it’s going to still be runny, you must make it overly cool on a wire cooling rack for at least 10 minutes plus it will break apart.
- Once cool, turn out, remove the greaseproof paper and cut into squares.
- EAT and ENJOY.
Make sure you grease your tin thoroughly and line it with greaseproof paper otherwise your Flapjacks will stick!
Ensure that you do not overcook your flapjacks as when they trendy that they firm up of course if you leave them in for more than the specified time once cooled you may break your teeth that they are that hard!
You could add different ingredients such as sultanas, apricots, cranberries, nuts
You can drizzle chocolate on the surface, the possibilities are infinite!
Flapjacks, easy treats, treats, how to create flapjacks, simple recipes to make with Kids, sweetness, and cheat afternoon, sweet tooth, afternoon tea, baking tomorrow