vinaigrette dressing recipe for coleslaw
This Vinegar Based Coleslaw recipe is a great recipe for slaw. Vinegar-based coleslaws have been a huge trend in the coleslaw industry over the past few years. They are more flavorful and provide more flavor when eaten by themselves or accompanied with a big fat smoked pork brisket or pork sandwich.
Smoque, a Chicago restaurant, makes one of my favorite coleslaws. It’s a great BBQ joint in Chicago, and that was not an exaggeration. Green Street Smoked Meats in Chicago is my favorite BBQ joint in the country. I have had BBQ in almost every state in the South, but it’s true. It’s not only the smoked meats that make BBQ great, but also the side dishes. What BBQ would be complete without peach cobbler and baked beans?
Basic ingredients for vinaigrette dressing recipe for coleslaw
- 1/2 head of thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly chopped red cabbage
- 3 whole shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 spoon honey or 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup celery seed Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste
How to make vinaigrette dressing recipe for coleslaw
- First of all, Mix honey, vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl. Mix the cabbages, carrots green onions, celery seed, and green onions in a separate bowl.
- Mix the cabbage mixture with a little bit of the dressing. Continue to mix until well combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill before serving.