make a delicious Nicoise salad using tuna. This healthy salad can be served as a side or main dish.
Basic Ingredients for tuna Nicoise Recipe
- 5-6 Lettuce Leaves
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/2 Red onion
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tuna fillet, canned tuna
- 40g Olives
- 200g (7oz) Green beans Capers
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Vinegar Salt Pepper
How do you make tuna Nicoise Recipe
- First of all,Peel the potatoes and now cut them into small pieces.Cover with water and season with one teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then cook for about 20 minutes. Let cool. Drain. Boil the eggs for 10 min, then peel and place in a bowl. Cook the green beans till tender. Set aside.
- Slice the onion thinly and cut it in half. Set aside.
- All vegetables should be placed in a large bowl.
- Mix mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly add olive oil while whisking. Leave the dressing aside.
- Combine all the ingredients with half the dressing.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a large plate. After this,Place the salad on the plate. Season the tuna on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook the tuna for two minutes on each side in olive oil. Place the tuna on top of the salad by slicing.
- Add boiled eggs to the salad by cutting in half. After this,Season the salad with salt and pepper. Now Use the rest of the dressing to drizzle.
Notes:- Red wine vinegar can also be used.
Fresh tuna can be used or canned tuna.