Basic ingredients for tottenham cake
- For the cake: 125g butter
- 125g sugar
- 2 eggs Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g self-rising flour
- Raspberry Icing: 4 tablespoons Raspberry Jam
- 175g Icing sugar, sifted with 1-2 tbsp water
How to make tottenham cake
- Preheat the oven to 180c 350f. Butter and baking paper are used to grease a 20 cm square cake pan. Set it aside.
- Combine the sugar and melted butter. Add the eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. Mix in the flour and continue to mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared tin. Now Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Let the cake cool completely.
- To make the raspberry icing, heat the jam in a microwave for 30-60 seconds. Strain the jam into a bowl. It should be set aside.
- Mix the melted jam and icing sugar. Mix in the water 1 teaspoon at a time. Continue mixing until the icing becomes smooth but still a bit fluid.
- After the cake cools, take it out of the tin. Peel off the baking paper. Now Place the cake on a wire rack and place a baking sheet underneath. Spread the icing on the cake and then quickly cover it with it.
- Before you cut into squares, let the icing set. Serve.