the best pumpkin soup recipe jamie oliver
Today, I share with you my recipe for Roasted Pumpkin soup. It is delicious, easy to make, and very healthy. This recipe is great for lunches, and it freezes well. Because I believe roasting the pumpkin gives it a better flavor than boiling it, which is what you will find in many other pumpkin soup recipes.
Basic ingredients for the best pumpkin soup recipe jamie oliver
- 1kg / 2.2 lbs Pumpkin
- 30 ml / 1/2 oz / 2Tablespoon Oil Salt & Pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 15 ml /1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander seeds
- 750 ml /25 oz /3 Cups Vegetable Stock
How to make the best pumpkin soup recipe jamie oliver
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F. Cut the pumpkin into wedges by removing the seeds. Put the pumpkin in a roasting pan. Now add 1 Tablespoon of oil to the pan and season it with salt and pepper.
- After this, Roast the pumpkin in the oven for about 1-2 hours, or until it is tender and lightly caramelized around the edges. Let the pumpkin cool down while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Place 1 Tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan. Slice 3 cloves of garlic into small pieces. Add to the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes. The onion should not be colored. Just cook it until it becomes soft and translucent. The pumpkin flesh should be removed from the skin while the onion and garlic cook. Take the pumpkin flesh out with a spoon.
- Place it in a bowl. Stir in the ground coriander seeds and the onion until they are fragrant. Stir in 2 cups of stock. Keep the remaining cup aside. Blend the stock mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin to the blender. Blend the mixture until you don’t have any lumps. Now You can make the soup thinner by adding more stock. Serve the soup in a bowl. Garnish with cream and parsley.