tarte au citron Recipe
Basic Ingredients for tarte au citron Recipe
- Lemon Custard Creme 150ml double cream
- 85ml fresh lemon Juice 150gms caster Sugar
- Optional: 10 gms cornflour
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolk 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 35 gms Soften Butter
How do you make tarte au citron Recipe
- Mix eggs, egg yolk, and caster sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine. Mix the cornflour, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix all ingredients well. Do not overbeat the mixture. To remove any lumps or bits, strain the liquid mixture through a sieve.
- The custard bowl should be placed in a saucepan filled with boiling water. To get lemon custard consistency, it will take approximately 15 minutes. Mix soft butter with lemon custard at room temp. The creamy, silky custard will be ready in a matter of minutes.
- Now let it cool and then use it to stuff the pastry shells.
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry ingredients
- 250g plain flour
- 100g icing sugar
- 150 g of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg
- This recipe can be made in a food processor with a dough blade. Add the plain flour and icing sugar/ confectionery sugar. Stir it, and pulse to combine everything.
- Add small cubes of plain cold butter. The added butter makes the mixed yellow. Continue to pulse for a few seconds, about 10-20 seconds. The sanding process is complete.
- Add the egg mixture, water, and salt. Continue to run the food processor until it reaches the end. Once that is done, add in the egg mixture and water. Stop mixing.
- The dough is as soft and fragile as butter when it is melted. Before using the dough, it must be transferred and wrapped in cling wrap. Blind Bake Use two 5-inch tart tins with removable bottoms.
- After this, Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. The dough should be taken out of the fridge. Now It will be difficult to get the dough out of the fridge at first, but it will become easier as you continue working with it.
- The dough should be placed on a flour-dusted surface. You can roll the dough in small, gentle movements. Then, roll the pastry dough out, rotating it as needed. The dough must be at least 4 cm longer than the tart tin. Dust the tins lightly with flour.
- Place the dough on the tart tin and roll it out using a rolling pin. The excess dough that is hanging out of the tart tin can be lifted. Press the dough down on both sides and towards the bottom of your tin. You can do the same thing with the other tin.
- Use the rolling pin to remove any excess dough. Use a fork to poke the dough in the two tins. Cover the dough with parchment paper. Add dried beans to the dough.
- Blind bake the dough for between 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry shell turns golden. After baking, take the dough out of the oven and let it cool. The lemon custard cream should be used to fill the shells. Allow them to chill for 20 minutes before serving.