stewed apple cake recipe uk
Basic ingredients for stewed apple cake recipe uk
- 125g (1 cup), wheat flour
- 120g (2/3 cup) semolina
- 120g (2/3 cup) sugar (can be replaced with brown or coconut sugar)
- 5g (1 tsp), baking powder
- 2g (1/4 Tsp), salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (can replace with vanilla) 8 pcs. apples, medium
- 1.2kg of apples 80g (1/3 cup), butter (cold),
- 45g (2 tbsp), brown cane sugar (can replace with any)
- 20g (2 tsp) powdered sugar (for dusting).
How to make stewed apple cake recipe uk
- Turn the oven on to 175-180 C (325 F).
- Lower and Upper heat
- Mix all dry ingredients: Add flour, semolina, and sugar to the baking powder. Mix it all.
- Preparing apples: Peel and grate the apples on a coarse grater.
- Assemble your cake by placing the parchment on the bottom portion of the split mold.
- Assemble the next cake by alternating layers: Start with the dry portion. The thinner the layers are, the better. The dry part should be completed. Spread some cold butter over the top. Sprinkle brown sugar (or other) on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes in an oven preheated at 175-180C. You can cover the mold with foil if the top starts to turn golden.
- This will prevent the pie from burning. After this, the cake cool in the pan for one hour.
- Then, sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top.