How do you make slow cooked lamb shanks mary berry
slow cooked lamb shanks mary berry basic Ingredients
- 4 lamb shanks, around 1 pound / 500g per (Notice 1)
- 2 tsp salt, separated Pepper
- 2 – 3 tablespoon olive oil, also split
- 1 cup onion, finely-manicured (brownish, yellow, or white)
- 1 cup celery, finely diced (optional) (Notice 2)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Two 1/2 cups dark wine, full-bodied (good-value wine rather than pricey! Notice 3)
- 28 oz / 800g can crushed berries
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 sprigs of thyme (preferably tied collectively ), or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 into 11/2 cups warm water
How to make slow cooked lamb shanks mary berry
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Dredge the lamb shanks in the seasoned flour and fry in the skillet for about 4-5 minutes, turning often, or until browned around again. Put the lamb shanks in the slow cooker.
- Deglaze the skillet with the crimson wine and continue to cook for 2 3 minutes, or until the loudness of the liquid has decreased by half an hour. Pour the fluid into the toaster.
- Insert the rosemary, onion, bay leaves plus stock to the toaster. The liquid should cover the beef – add more stock or warm water if desired.
- Cook high for eight hrs. Serve with mash.