The Cookies Rookie also got a revamp of their website! I’d call the redesign more of a make-over rather instead of a complete overhaul. I wanted a simple and simple design. I’m so happy with the way the site came out and I am so thankful for Julie from Blogger Boutique for turning my designs into reality! If you’re thinking of revamping your blog, Julie is awesome. She was also extremely quick. I was amazed at how quickly she was working. The site is updated with a brand new design, a new logo and even an index to recipes (FINALLY). Thank you Julie!
All that’s important is the food. Let’s get cookin’!
The family we invited to visit on Memorial Day and used our grill and deck for the first time! Our house was built last month, and was forced to put off building an outdoor deck. (I think that money isn’t growing from trees at all.) The deck was completed in the last couple of months, and after beg Pat to build it like a spoilt child for a while, he finally admitted that my ideal outdoor furniture was extremely required! Yay! It was wonderful to put everything into good use. It was the first up…Skinny Mexican Grilled corn. It’s simple and delicious. I’ve seen many variations on this recipe on Pinterest. I adapted concepts from several recipes and made them lighter with Greek Yogurt in place of mayonnaise. It is delicious, fresh, and perfect for summer.
I’ve seen many variations on this recipe on Pinterest. I adapted concepts from several recipes and made them lighter with Greek Yogurt in place of mayonnaise. It is delicious, fresh, and perfect for summer.
One bite and Pat found out that I was on the right track with regard to the furniture on deck. Good food is always a great way to make him reconsider his position. Someday he’ll be able to trust and know that I’m always right.
Enjoy! See our more recipes
Crispy Mexican Grilled Corn is an ideal summer appetizer for your BBQ!
- 4 ears of fresh Sweet Corn (shucked)
- 2 T plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 T lite sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash (opt)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Light Olive Oil or Olive Oil Spray
- Small bowl combine greek yogurt and Sour cream. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix chili powder as well as Mrs. Dash (opt), and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush or spray each corn ear with olive oil
- Cook for about 10 minutes. Rotate frequently in order to keep from burning. The corn must get a bit brown and cook to perfection.
- Remove the corn from the grill and paint it with Greek Yogurt mix.
- Sprinkle the spice mix with cheese and cilantro.
- Make lime wedges by rubbing them over the corn piece.
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes