sausage roll recipe James martin
I have been sharing street food with you guys from all over the globe and today I am bringing it back home to make the Sausage Roll, a British classic. It’s topped with caramelized balsamic onion and a toasted sesame garnish.
Basic Ingredients for sausage roll recipe James martin
- 1 white onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 6 sausages Zest
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp balsamic Vinegar
- 500g puff pastry
- 1 egg Toasted sesame seeds Black onion seeds
How do you make sausage roll recipe James martin
- Cut the onion into small pieces. Place the vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Stir in the onions and coat the pan with oil.
- Stir in the sugar and allow to caramelize for 2 to 3 minutes. While the sausages are still warm, make sure to puncture them and then transfer the contents of the cases to a large bowl.
- It is easier to squeeze the middle of the sausages, encouraging the filling from one end and then from the other. The cases should be thrown away. After this, In a separate bowl, combine the lemon zest, breadcrumbs, and grated nutmeg.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar with the onions. Stir and then cover the pan. Allow simmering for 5 minutes. Use plain flour to dust your chopping board. Divide the puff pastry into halves and roll the first batch of dough to the thickness that a PS1 Coin would.
- Defrost the onions on the stove and transfer them to a plate or greaseproof paper. Once the onions have cooled, add them to the sausage meat mixture. Mix thoroughly with your hands. Mix again with your hands.
- Now Season the mixture with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Preheat the oven to 177°C Place a third of the mixture in a rectangle shape at the bottom of your puff pastry. Leave a 2-inch margin. The rest of the pastry can be cut away from the opposite side.
- Leave a second two-inch margin. Beat the egg in a small bowl. After this, Use a pastry brush to brush the edges with the egg. To form the sausage roll, roll the pastry towards you and seal the pastry on the other side.
- Now Press the pastry with the back of a spoon. Trim for neatness. All over the egg, brush it. Continue making two more sausage rolls using half the puff pastry. Place the sausage rolls on a greaseproof paper-lined baking tray. Each sausage roll should be scored with a sharp knife to create parallel diagonal lines.
- Bake for twenty-five minutes, or until puffy and golden. Sprinkle each one with a little egg wash and then sprinkle them with toasted sesame and onions seeds. Now let rest for five minutes before slicing in half.