salmon and broccoli quiche
Basic ingredients for salmon and broccoli quiche
- To make the crust, 2 1/4 cups (280g),
- flour 3/4 cup (170g), cold butter cubed with 1 teaspoon salt, and 4-6 tablespoons of cold water
- Filling: 5oz (140g), salmon fillet, boneless, skinless (or leftover salmon) 2oz (30g) broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 2oz (20g) Mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to make salmon and broccoli quiche
- Process flour, salt, and cold cubed butter in a food processor. Process until you get crumbs. Process until the dough is formed. Add cold water. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the dough onto a work surface. Now roll it into a ball, then flatten it into a disc. Cover the dough with plastic and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Make the filling by mixing eggs, and heavy cream with salt, pepper, and oregano in a large bowl. Set aside. Set aside. Cut the salmon into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Fry in olive oil until well cooked.
- Drain on a towel. Now Boil the broccoli for about 4-5 minutes. Drain the broccoli and place it in a bowl.
- After this, On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough. Dust the top of your dough with flour. Roll the dough until it is approximately 1/8 inches thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-10 inch (24-25 cm) pie pan. Place the dough evenly on the bottom of the pan and along the sides.
- Take off any excess dough from the top of your pan. Use a fork to gently pierce the crust’s bottom. Transfer the crust to the freezer for 30 min.
- preheat the oven to 350F (75C).
- Blind baking: Line a piece of parchment paper with a sheet of parchment paper. Add dry beans, rice, or pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes. After this, Continue baking for 10 minutes more or until the crust becomes slightly golden. Take out of the oven.
- Spread salmon cubes and broccoli. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Mix the eggs and cream.
- After this, Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before serving.