roast pork shoulder joint recipe
Basic ingredients for roast pork shoulder joint recipe
- 1kg Pork shoulder Seasonings: 1 Tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of five Chinese spices
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Chinese cooking rice wine
- 1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of red preserved tofu sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make roast pork shoulder joint recipe
- The pork shoulder should be cut into three pieces. Put them in a large bowl. Mix all seasonings and then massage the pork for about a minute.
- After this, Cover the pork with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 3 hours. After 1 and 1/2 hours, turn it over.
- Cooking: Preheat oven to 200 degrees (fan oven).
- Place pork on a tray and roast for 10 min.
- Reduce heat to 170 degrees and roast for another 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. – Once the pork is done roasting, remove it from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice the pork thinly with a calving blade.