rhubarb crumble cake mary berry
Rhubarb season doesn’t last long, so get it in your kitchen as soon as you can! Today I am using it to make one of my favorite seasonal (and easy!) desserts. desserts: rhubarb crumb bars. Sarah’s Tip for the Day: The base of the bar is made from rhubarb, flour, brown sugar, and baking powder. The next step is to make a streusel using a little more butter, brown sugar, and salt. Bake the rhubarb mixture with the topping, then slice and serve this crowd-pleasing sweet treat.
Basic Ingredients for rhubarb crumble cake mary berry
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted plus room-temperature butter to go in a pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned, leveled) plus additional for pan
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Cake
- Half pound of rhubarb cut into half-inch chunks
- One tablespoon light brown sugar
- One cup all-purpose flour (spooned, leveled)
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Half cup (1 stick), unsalted butter, room temp
- One cup confectioners’ sugar
- Two large eggs
- Half teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How do you make rhubarb crumble cake mary berry
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Now Butter an eight-inch square baking dish.
- Line the pan with parchment paper.
- Leave a 2-inch border on both sides. Butter, flour parchment, and pan. To make the streusel, whisk together butter, brown sugar, and salt. Mix in flour until you get large crumbs.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready for use. Make a cake by mixing 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, and rhubarb in a medium bowl. Mix 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, salt, and another bowl.
- After this, Use an electric mixer to beat butter and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a while. Mix flour mixture with mixer on low. Place batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the batter with rhubarb, and then top it with streusel. Now Bake the cake for forty-five to fifty minutes
- Allow cooling completely in a pan. Now Lift the cake out of the pan using a paper overhang. Cut into 16 bars.