Parsi Prawn Patio (or Prawn Patiya) A Parsi famous prawn dish that is made with onions, tomatoes, and rice. It is served with Yellow Lentils or Rice (Dal Chawal). We Parsis refer to this Prawn combination as “Dhandaar Kolmi No Patio”. Dhanda is Rice (Dhan), Yellow Lentils( Daar) and Kolmi NO Patiyo are the Prawn Patio.
Basic ingredients recipe for plaice and prawns
- 500gms Prawns
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 3 green chilies finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri chili powder
- 3/4 tea teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons of ginger powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons coriander chopped
- 3 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 4 to 5 table tablespoons of oil
How to make recipe for plaice and prawns
- Devein and clean the prawns. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to each.
- Heat oil in a large pan. After this, add onions and garlic and saute until translucent. Now add tomatoes and stir fry for about two to three more minutes. After this, Cover the pan and continue to cook for 1 minute.