recipe for bread and butter pudding
Bread and butter, two of the most basic kitchen ingredients, can do so much more than you might think. Here’s how to make a butter and bread pudding.
Basic ingredients for recipe for bread and butter pudding
- 6 slices of white bread Butter to apply
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 tsp green caram powder
- 2 tbsps raisins. (Kishmish)
How to make a recipe for bread and butter pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180°C 2. Butter one side then cut into four pieces.
- In a large saucepan heat milk. Add castor sugar to the milk and stir until it dissolves. Let the pan cool down slightly after it has been removed from the heat.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and put them buttered side down. Set aside.
- Mix the eggs and vanilla essence in a saucepan. Stir until well combined.
- Mix in the nutmeg and green cardamom powders and stir well. Strain the mixture onto the bread.
- Bake for 30 minutes, sprinkle raisins, and bake. Let the baking dish cool in the oven.
- Serve cold or warm.