recipe for mary berry bread and butter pudding
Bread and butter, two of the most basic kitchen ingredients, can do so much more than you might think. Here’s how to make a butter and bread pudding.
Basic ingredients for recipe for mary berry bread and butter pudding
- 6 slices of white bread Butter to apply
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 tsp green caram powder
- 2 tbsps raisins. (Kishmish)
How to make a recipe for mary berry bread and butter pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180°C 2. Butter one side then cut into four pieces.
- In a large saucepan heat milk. Add castor sugar to the milk and stir until it dissolves. Let the pan cool down slightly after it has been removed from the heat.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and put them buttered side down. Set aside.
- Mix the eggs and vanilla essence in a saucepan. Stir until well combined.
- Mix in the nutmeg and green cardamom powders and stir well. Strain the mixture onto the bread.
- Bake for 30 minutes, sprinkle raisins, and bake. Let the baking dish cool in the oven.
- Serve cold or warm.