recipe for cream of broccoli soup in slow cooker
Basic Ingredients for recipe for cream of broccoli soup in slow cooker
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 6 Tbsp flour I used Whole wheat
- 2 1 2 oz cans evaporated milk
- 5 cups low-sodium poultry broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 14 ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounce shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Sour cream, and simmer for garnish (optional)
recipe for cream of broccoli soup in slow cooker Method
At a sizable skillet, heat over medium heat. Add onion and celery and stir until translucent and soft, about 3 minutes.
Add garlic flour, whisking to combine. Carry on to liquefy as you pour in the evaporated milk and then whisk until completely blended. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
Prepare the sauce until thickened, about 2 3 minutes.
Pour sauce in the slow cooker and then add chicken broccoli and broth. Stir to blend. Cook on high for 3 hours on low for 2 hours.
Turn off heat and stir in cream. Stir all the cheese (in batches) stirring to meltdown and unite.
Drink hot garnished with sour cream, cilantro, and also more cheese if desired.