recipe for corned beef and cabbage in a crock pot
This is a classic, delicious and easy recipe for corned beef with cabbage using the slow cooker/crockpot.
Basic ingredients for recipe for corned beef and cabbage in a crock pot
- Corned beef, 3-4 pounds with season packet
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 medium-sized peeled and chopped potatoes
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 diced carrots
- Half of the cabbage cut into wedges
How to make recipe for corned beef and cabbage in a crock pot
- First of all, Place carrots and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Add corned beef to the top.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Make the beef broth.
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- Top with potatoes and cabbage wedges
- Cook covered for about 4-5 hours more or until cabbage and potatoes are tender.
How to make corned beef and cabbage recipe oven
- Oven-baked corned beef flattened and pointed, total approximately 6 pounds.
- Cut your cabbage into thin slices. Add fresh red potatoes in half or thirds. Peel and chop whole carrots into halves. Finally, add a few inches of warm water, some butter slices (unless you prefer this recipe to be Vegan), and freshly ground black pepper.
- All this can be done in a disposable pan, just like the corned beef. Cover it for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, take the pans out of the oven. Drain the vegetable stock into soup pots, then put the cover back on. Next, pour fresh water into your corned meat pan. Cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Uncover vegetables and take them out of the oven. For another 20 minutes, continue baking the corned beef. Cover the corned beef and bake for another 20 minutes. Now let it cool down, then remove it from the oven.