recipe for butter nut squash soup
This comforting, heart-warming recipe for fall/winter is roasted butternut squash soup. This creamy soup is dairy-free, but it’s still smooth and creamy!
Basic ingredients for recipe for butter nut squash soup
- 1 large butternut squash, halved vertically. Seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oils divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 quarts of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of oat milk.
- Garnished with plant-based plain Greek yogurt
How to make recipe for butter nut squash soup
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet in cooking spray.
- The butternut squash should be cut into 2-inch pieces and then transferred to the baking sheet. Season the butternut squash with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Then drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and maple syrup over them. Mix well.
- Bake the butternut squash for 40 minutes in the oven, flipping halfway through.
- While the butternut squash roasts heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large soup pot. Season the onions with salt and pepper.
- Now Allow the onions to soften and turn translucent for about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and continue to stir until fragrant. Now This should take between 30 seconds and one minute.
- Once the butternut squash has been cooked and is fork-tender, add it to the pot along with the onion and garlic mixture. Next, add the vegetable broth. Bring the soup to a boil. After it has boiled, heat on medium heat and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Now Blend the soup using an immersion blender until it is smooth. Add the oat milk. If desired, serve hot with yogurt and fresh rosemary.