recipe for beef chilli con carne
This authentic chili con carne recipe has a rich, spicy stew made with beef and chilies. It includes jalapeno, guajillo, ancho, and jalapeno as well as many other seasonings.
Basic ingredients for recipe for beef chilli con carne
- FOUR CHILI SAUCE:4 guajillo Peppers 4 ancho Peppers Salt to Taste
- FOR THE CHILI:3.5-4 pound Chuck Roast Cut into 3/4 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup ground coriander
- Salt To Taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced
- 10 cloves garlic chopped 2-4 cups beef broth
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS:Worcestershire Sauce, chili sauce, kidney beans, extra spicy chili flakes, chopped chiles, or chopped chili flakes, chiles, or chopped chiles, and shredded cheese I served mine with fresh chopped cilantro and spicy chili flakes.
How to make recipe for beef chilli con carne
- To make your chili sauce, toast the dried ancho and the guajillo peppers on a dry pan for about a minute to brown them lightly. This will release the oils. Let cool the oil off of the heat.
- Take out the stems and scoop the seeds. The peppers should be soaked in hot water for at least 20 minutes or until they become soft. Combine the peppers with 1.5 cups of the soaking liquid and some salt. Blend until smooth. Now, set aside. Mix the beef cubes in a bowl. Add the Mexican oregano and black pepper to the bowl.
- Toss in the brown sugar, cumin, and coriander. All ingredients should be well coated. In a large saucepan heat the oil. Add the seasoned beef and the onion. Let them cook for 6-7 minutes. Then, sear the beef. Stir in the garlic. Cook for another minute. Stir in the chili sauce. After this, Allow it to simmer for five minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Bring to a boil the 2 cups of beef broth. You can make a soupier chili by adding 4 cups of beef broth. Add the optional ingredients now, if you’re using them.
- After this, Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for approximately 2 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with your favorite fixings.