plum upside down cake
Basic ingredients for plum upside down cake
- 60g salted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 240g caster Sugar
- 240g Self-raising flour
- 240g Cake butter (such as stork),
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make plum upside down cake
- First of all, preHeat your oven to 160C Fan/gas mark 4.
- Cut your plums in half, remove the stones and place them into the cake pan.
- Heat 60g butter and 100g brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Fill the bottom of the greased pan with the sauce, filling in the gaps between the plums. Leave to cool.
- After this, Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Use an electric mixer to make the cake.
- Add the vanilla essence, eggs, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the butter mixture. Mix until everything is well combined. Spread the mixture onto the apple.
- Now Bake in the oven for 40-50 min. If the cake springs back, it is ready. If it doesn’t spring back, leave it in the oven for another 5 minutes. Now A skewer can be inserted into the middle of your cake to check if it is clean.
- After the cake is cooked, flip it upside down (the scary part) onto a plate. The plum cake should now be out. You will then be greeted with the delicious aroma of freshly baked plum cakes.