plum sponge cake mary berry
This cake is chocoholic-worthy and celebrates the season of plums. You can either enjoy a slice with your morning coffee or warm it up for dessert with ice cream. You have the option to make this slice during Christmas, but it’s hard not to! Let us know what you think by leaving comments.
Basic Ingredients for plum sponge cake mary berry
- 1 cup of brown sugar or 200gms
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup +1 tbsp maida
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60 gms Cup Large black raisins
- 75gms Prunes
- 50gms Raisins
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
How do you make plum sponge cake mary berry
- Add brown sugar, butter, and raisins to a saucepan.Heat the mixture on a low flame, stirring occasionally. Allow the mixture to cool for five minutes, then add vanilla extract or vegetable oil.
- After this,Mix the ingredients well and let it cool completely. Mix flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda together. When the dry fruit mixture is at room temperature, take out the cinnamon stick and mix the dry ingredients with it. – Combine the dry ingredients in 2 batches.
- Mix the ingredients well and place them in a loaf pan. Now Bake for 45 minutes at 160°C in a preheated oven. Let it cool in the loaf pan for five minutes. – Take the cake out of the loaf pan and decorate it with your choice. We hope enjoy this plum sponge cake mary berry Post.