pear and almond cake mary berry
Basic ingredients for pear and almond cake mary berry
- 2 eggs
- 125g (2/4cup) Butter/Butter Spread/Marg
- 175g (1/2cup), White Sugar
- 50g (1/3cup), Self Raising Flour (aka All-purpose Flour)
- 100g (1cup), Ground Almonds
- 100g (3 Cup) Flaked Almonds
- 100g (3 Cup) 3 Ripe Pears (peeled and cored)
- 1-2 teaspoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste/Vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder (if used)
How to make pear and almond cake mary berry
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F/180C (or GM4) In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla paste, if desired. Mix in eggs one by one. After each addition, add the rest of the eggs and mix
- Mix in flour and baking powder until well combined. Mix in the ground almonds. Mix in flaked almonds. Mix in milk. Put the batter in an 8-inch-long tin.
- Place the pear slices on top. The batter will rise around the pears if you don’t push them down too far. Bake the cake in the oven for 25 minutes. If the cake is browning too fast, do not open it before that time.
- After 10 minutes, remove the cake from the oven. Sprinkle vanilla sugar and sliced almonds on top.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let cool in the tin for fifteen minutes.
- After this, remove the cake from the cooling rack and cool it on the cooling rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired. Serve it on its own or with cream