moist coffee and walnut cake
This is a recipe for a vegan coffee and walnut cake. If you love easy vegan recipes, this vegan coffee cake will be a great choice. This vegan coffee cake sponge is made with coffee buttercream frosting and decorated with toasted nuts. These can be made into coffee cake muffins or as a coffee cake loaf.
Basic ingredients for moist coffee and walnut cake
- 2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Instant coffee Granules
- Wet Ingredients:1 cup Dairy Free Milk (I used Oat Milk),
- 1/2 cup Sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp Plain Soy Yogurt,
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
How to make moist coffee and walnut cake
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease an 8-inch cake pan (or 2 separate baking tins). Add the milk to a bowl. Next, add the soy yogurt. Set aside to curdle.
- After this, In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients with the coffee granules. In a separate bowl, combine the oil with the coffee granules. Add 3 Tbsp boiling water to your coffee granules before you start stirring. Mix well. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Bake the batter in your prepared tins for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes clean. Icing 1 cup Vegan Margarine, Butter 1.5 cups Icing Sugar 1 tbsp Instant Coffee Granules (dissolved into 2 Tbsp of hot water) A pinch Salt Simply mix or whisk the ingredients together until you get a smooth consistency. Optional: Top with additional toasted chopped walnuts