mini panettone recipe James martin
It’s delicious, easy, and quick to make.
Basic Ingredients for mini panettone recipe James martin
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 tsp dry yeast
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Rum
- 3 eggs
- 1 orange, zest
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg whipped to greasing
How do you make mini panettone recipe James martin
- Mix warm milk and sugar in a bowl. Stir in the dry yeast. Quickly. It should be left to activate and foam for about 3-5 minutes. Mix flour, salt, and rum in a bowl using a mixer. Add eggs, zest of orange, lemon juice, and yeast mixture. Knead for 10 minutes.
- Place it in a bowl. Now Let it rise for one hour in a covered bowl. Once it has doubled, knead the mixture for 1 minute. Add sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Mix until it turns on. Slowly add the cubed butter after each addition. After each addition, mix well.
- After all, butter has been added to the dough, knead it for about 10-15 minutes until it becomes a softball. You want the dough to be sticky and soft. Let the dough rise in a covered bowl for one hour.
- After this, the dough has doubled in size, transfer it to a greased surface. Use your fingertips to press the dough into a rectangle. Sprinkle with chopped candied fruits, raisins, and almonds. To evenly distribute the fillings, fold the edges towards the center.
- Make a ball of the dough and place it on a baking tray. Now Let the dough rise for at least thrity minutes, then cover it with a greased sticky paper.
After the dough reaches the mold’s edge, remove the sticky film carefully. Use an egg wash to clean the surface.
- Make a cross with a knife on the upper surface of the surface. On the inside, place some chopped butter. Bake at 175oC (350oF), in a preheated oven, on a wire rack, for 50-60 minutes or until the cake is cooked. If the top turns brown too fast, cover it with aluminum foil. To check that it is cooked, insert a skewer stick. Continue cooking for a few minutes if it is still wet. After the panettone is cooked, take it out of the oven. When the panettone is still hot, insert 2 metal skewers in the bottom and then hang them upside-down until completely cool. Once cool, slice and enjoy.