mini bakewell tarts
Basic ingredients for mini bakewell tarts
- Sweet Shortcrust Pastry: 280g plain flour
- 30g ground almonds (optional),
- 165g butter
- 65g Caster Sugar (or, granulated or icing sugar)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Frangipblind-baked:130g Ground almonds
- 70g ground rice (optional),
- 110g butter or Margarine
- 110g Caster sugar (or granulated),
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Almond Extract Flaked almonds can be added to the top as decoration, and you can a cooling Raspberry Jam to make the base of your pastry tart.
How to make mini bakewell tarts
- Bake blind-baked pastry in preheated oven for 15 minutes at 180c (or 160c fan-assisted) / 350f/Gas Mark 4. Take out of the oven and drain the baking beans/rice. Reduce heat to 165c (or 145c if fan-assisted / 300f/Gas Mark 2) and then place the tarts in the oven for another 5-6 minutes. Allow cooling.
- Frangipane Filling:The tart, with added frangipane, should be placed in a pre-heated oven at 180c or 160c fan assisted/350f/Gas Mark 4. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until it golden brown color.