minestrone recipe James martin
This recipe for minestrone is easy and delicious. This classic minestrone recipe is loaded with vegetables such as carrots, onions, and celery. It also includes garlic, potatoes, baby spinach, carrots, celery, garlic, cloves, garlic, cabbage, potato, and zucchini. Minestrone, a hearty vegetable soup, was originally made to make use of leftover vegetables. This soup can be made from almost any vegetable you have. You can also enjoy seasonal vegetables by making this soup. Minestrone is traditionally made with chicken broth, but I love to add parmesan cheese to it.
Basic Ingredients for minestrone recipe James martin
- Two tbsp olive oil
- One cup chopped onion
- One cup chopped celery
- One cup chopped carrots
- Two cloves of garlic, chopped
- One bay leaf
- One tsp oregano
- One teaspoon poultry seasoning
- One lb Yukon gold potatoes chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Three cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
One zucchini, chopped
- 28 ounces can diced tomatoes
- Four cups of low-sodium chicken stock
- 1.25 cups cannellini beans canned, drained and rinsed
- Two cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley Salt and pepper to taste Parmesan cheese optional for topping Red pepper flakes
optional topping 12 ounces of brown rice pasta
How do you make minestrone recipe James martin
- In a large, 5–6-quart saucepan heat oil. Add celery, carrots, and salt to taste. Stir until vegetables are tender and fragrant. Stir in the garlic. Stir for one minute, then add the spices bay leaf, oregano, and poultry seasoning. Salt and pepper are also added. Stir well. Next, add potatoes, carrots, zucchini, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Mix everything and bring to boil. After this, Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, partially covered. Make sure to follow the instructions on the package.
- Add in the baby spinach, cannellini beans, and fresh parsley. Stir in the baby spinach, cannellini beans, and fresh parsley. Now Cook until the greens become tender and the beans are hot. Add a scoop of pasta to the bottom of a bowl. Pour soup over it. Serve with red chili flakes and grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!