mincemeat streusel tart recipe mary berry
Basic ingredients for mincemeat streusel tart recipe mary berry
- 400g cubed cold butter
- 700g plain flour
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs yolks
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tsp nuts (optional)
- 1 beaten egg (for the egg wash)
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs whites
- 1 tsp almond oil
- 800g mincemeat
How to make mincemeat streusel tart recipe mary berry
- First of all, Combine the butter, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Use your fingertips to combine until you get fine breadcrumbs.
- This can also be done in an electric food processor.
- Mix in the golden caster sugar and nutmeg. Make a well in the center. Mix the egg yolks with 1 tbsp cold water. Use a knife to mix.
- Continue to add water until the mixture looks like a dough. Combine the ingredients to form a ball. Divide into two balls and wrap with cling foil. Refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 200degC/fan180degC/gas 6.
- Make the almond paste. Set aside. Cut the pastry
- Place one of the dough pieces between two sheets of lightly floured parchment paper. Roll out the dough until it is approximately 3mm thick. Use a fluted cookie cutter that is larger than your tray to flour lightly and make 12 circles.
- Lightly flour a smaller star cookie cutter, and a fluted cutter for cookie cutters. Stamp out six cookies from each.
- Make the mince pies by placing 12 large circles in each hole on your baking tray and gently pressing down at the edges.
- Each pie should contain 1 tbsp mincemeat. Remember Be careful not to fill them too full. Use a pastry brush to paint the edges of all your pies using egg wash.
- Place six small circles of almond paste on top of the pies. Place six stars on each of the remaining pies.
- Use a fork to gently seal your almond mince pie edges.
- Bake the mince pies by piercing your almond mince pies twice using a sharp knife. Now This will allow steam to escape during baking. Before baking, brush the tops of your pies with eggwash. Bake for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a baking tray for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- You can repeat the process with the second batch of dough or freeze it in cling wrap for up to one month. After defrosting, transfer the dough to a refrigerator and let it thaw for at least 1 day before you use it. Enjoy this mincemeat streusel tart recipe mary berry.