A delicious baked loaf filled with chicken meat. This is a must-try recipe!
Basic ingredients meat loaf
- 250g chicken mince
- 1 slice brown bread
- 1 tablespoon oil + to grease
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 medium green capsicums, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce Salt to Taste
- 1 egg white Sauce
- 1 spoon butter
- 1/2 medium onion
- Finely chopped 8-10 button mushroom, sliced
- Salt to Taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cornstarch
How to make meat loaf
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC Oil a loaf pan.
- Put the chicken mince in a bowl.
- For 5 minutes, soak bread slices in milk.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil. Sauté onion until golden. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds on low heat.
- Mix in carrot and cook for one minute. Mix in capsicum and cook for one minute. Turn off heat
- Mix the chicken with the milk. Mix in dried oregano and crushed peppercorns. Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and salt. Mix in egg white again.
- Mix sauteed vegetables with chicken.
- Place the chicken mixture in a greased loaf pan and level it. The loaf tin should be covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake the loaf tin for about 30-40 minutes on a baking sheet. Cool off the loaf tin.
- Heat butter in a nonstick saucepan to make the sauce. Sauté onion until golden. Sauté button mushrooms for about 1-2 minutes. Mix in crushed peppercorns, salt, and mix well. Mix in chicken stock and cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
- Mix cornstarch with some water until it forms a smooth paste. Now add the mixture to the saucepan and stir. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Place the breaded meatloaf on a plate. Slice. Place the prepared sauce in the jar. Drizzle the sauce on the meatloaf. Serve immediately.