vanilla sponge birthday cake
This is how you make the best vanilla cakes. It’s soft, rich, and covered in cream cheese vanilla frosting. This vanilla cake is the perfect birthday cake! This is the perfect birthday cake for both boys and girls. This is the perfect recipe to make a vanilla cake with confetti sprinkles!
Basic Ingredients for vanilla sponge birthday cake
- 2/3 cups (290g), Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (120ml), Oil
- 1 1/2 cups (300g), Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (240ml Buttermilk; more if necessary).
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (150g) Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Heavy cream, cold
- 1 1/4 cups (160g), Icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (400g) Cream cheese
How do you make vanilla sponge birthday cake
- Bake the cake at 350F (175C). Two 8-inch (20 cm) round pans are lined with parchment paper. Grease the sides and bottom.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl. Stir and then set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in oil and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Alternate between buttermilk and flour mixture. After this, Start by adding half of the flour mixture, then half of the buttermilk. Continue this process. Continue beating until each addition is fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter among prepared pans. Bake the batter for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Now Let the cakes cool in the pan for five to ten minutes. After this, remove it from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Blend until smooth. After this, Beat heavy cream in a separate bowl until it reaches stiff peaks. Fold in the cream cheese mixture.
- Assemble the cake layers by placing one flat side down. Spread one layer of frosting and place the second layer of cakes flat-side down on top. Now Spread the frosting evenly on the top and sides.
- Sprinkles can be used to decorate the edges of your cake.
- Before serving, let cool for at least two hours.