mary berry toffee cupcake recipe
Basic ingredients for mary berry toffee cupcake recipe
- 1 1/3 cups (185g/6.5oz all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/115g) unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup (100% g/3.5oz brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) whole milk
- 1 medium (125g/1 cup), peeled and finely chopped
- Frosting: 1/4 cup (170g/6oz) unsalted butter softened to room temp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (2230g/8oz), powdered sugar
- sifted plus additional as required 3-4 tablespoons (255g/2oz), dulce de leche, caramel
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
How to make mary berry toffee cupcake recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C Set aside cupcake liners to line muffin pans.
- Now Mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Use the paddle attachment to a standing mixer to beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This should take about three minutes.
- Scrape the bowl’s bottom and sides as needed. Beat in the eggs one at a while, beating well between each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. After this, Reduce the mixer speed to low, and add half the dry ingredients.
- Mix until well combined. Mix in milk until well combined. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients. Now Continue to beat the mixture slowly until it is well combined. Add the apple pieces. Don’t overmix. The lighter the cupcakes, the less you will need to mix.
- Divide the batter equally between cupcake liners. Fill them to 3/4 of their full capacity. Now Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After this, the pan cool on a wire rack for ten mins. Now take out cupcakes and let them cool completely on a wire grid.
- After this, Make the frosting by using an electric mixer fitted to the paddle attachment. Beat butter and salt until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. In 2 batches, add sugar.
- Beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and caramel until you get a fluffy mixture. Now add more sugar as needed to achieve the desired consistency. Pipeable consistency Frost cupcakes with frosting. Cupcakes can keep at room temperature for up to 3 days if kept in a tightly sealed container. Enjoy this mary berry toffee cupcake recipe.