sweet pastry for mince pies
Basic ingredients for sweet pastry for mince pies
- 170g plain flour
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
How to make sweet pastry for mince pies
- In a bowl, combine 170g of plain flour with a pinch of salt. Mix 100g of cold unsalted butter with your hands until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of caster sugar. Next, add 1 large, free-range egg yolk. Finally, use a palette knife to quickly mix the mixture.
- Mix in 1-2 tablespoons of cold water one at a time. Continue to mix with the knife until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Make a ball of dough and wrap it in cling foil. Let cool for at least 10 min.