mary berry sunday lunch chicken pie
This easy recipe makes a delicious pie with only a few ingredients. Double Cream, Chicken, Mushrooms, and Onions That’s all there is to it. It was even more interesting when I baked it in puff pastry. It will be unique in flavor if you brush it with egg yolk or garlic powder before baking. Puff Pastry’s crust, the tenderness of the chicken breast, and the savory mushrooms are all perfect.
Basic ingredients for mary berry sunday lunch chicken pie
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 300g Mushroom
- 200ml Double Cream
- 2Tbsp Flour
- 180 ml Water Pastry
- Egg Yolk with garlic powder
How to make mary berry sunday lunch chicken pie
- To make the filling, fry the chicken pieces on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a separate bowl. This will ensure that it doesn’t get overcooked and stays moist.
- The mushroom can be fried on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. You can use the same pan. The mushroom will begin to release water. You can get rid of the water by increasing the heat and stirring occasionally. The water will begin to evaporate in about 2 to 3 minutes.
- When the water has evaporated, the mushrooms will turn a beautiful brown color. To the mushrooms, add butter and finely chopped onions. Sauté onions for 4 – 5 more minutes. Rosemary adds extra flavor and salt to the dish. Mix 2 tablespoons flour with 180ml water. Bring to boil.
- After this, It will take between three and five minutes. Mix in 200ml double cream. Don’t cook it too long. Mix the double cream with all other ingredients for 5 minutes. To preserve the creamy consistency of the sauce, heat the saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Bake the Baking Cake for 30 minutes at 175C. Both sides are heated.