mary berry strawberry tart recipe
Basic ingredients for mary berry strawberry tart recipe
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Sweetened Whipped Cream recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
How tto make mary berry strawberry tart recipe
- Toss the strawberries in crumbs While you make the crust, set aside. To prevent the crust from sticking to your work surface, lightly flour it. Lay the two pie crusts on top of each other, about halfway.
- Roll the crusts using a rolling pin to join them and spread them slightly. The finished product should measure approximately 19 by 11 inches. It will fit onto a sheet pan. You can use a knife to trim the dough to the desired dimensions.
- The extra dough should be thrown out. Transfer to a parchment-lined sheet pan. After this, Place the strawberry mixture in the middle of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Make sure they’re not too evenly mounded to bake evenly in the oven. After this, Fold the edges of the dough carefully over the strawberries. You can pleat them as you go.
- After this, Mix the egg with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat the edges of the dough. Bake the tart in the oven for 30 minutes.
- To ensure that the tart bakes evenly rotate the pan halfway through baking. The apricot preserves can be heated in a small saucepan with a little water to warm them up while they bake. Once the crust has turned golden brown, take it out of the oven. Let the strawberries cool in the warm apricot preserves before brushing them lightly.