It’s a quick and easy dessert sauce that you can make in a snap! This sauce is great with many desserts, including cheesecake, pound cake, and pies. Be creative.
Basic ingredients for strawberry coulis
- One Pt. Chopped strawberries
- One Cup Water
- One Cup Sugar
- One Tbsp Cornstarch
- Two Tbsp Coldwater
How to make strawberry coulis
- Cover the strawberries and cook on med heat for 15 mins. Covered.
- To make a slurry, combine the cold water and the cornstarch. Use your fingers. It’s much easier.
- Reduce the heat in the strawberry mixture, and then add half the slurry. Allow it to thicken by stirring. If the sauce isn’t thick enough, add more. Blend the sauce, and let it chill for at most an hour.
- Serve with your favorite dessert.