sticky ginger loaf
- 300g (101/2 OZ) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 65g (2oz), dark brown sugar
- 105g (31/2 oz), butter
- 200g (7oz), golden syrup
- 200g (7oz), black treacle
- 2 eggs
- 250ml Milk
How to make sticky ginger loaf
- Pre-heat oven to 170C (350F) Gas Mark
- Line a 9-inch square cake tin using parchment paper.
- Heat the butter, syrup, black treacle, butter in gently until it melts. In a large bowl, combine the sugars, bicarbonate, cinnamon ginger, and flour. Make a well in the center and add 2 eggs.
- Now Use an electric whisk to combine the eggs and flour mixture. Slowly add the milk. Then, add the syrup liquid. Mix well.
- Now Pour the liquid batter into the prepared pan. Bake the batter in the prepared tin for 40 minutes, or until it is firm to the touch.
- After the cake cools in the tin for at least thirty minutes. Once it is cold, remove the cake from the tin and let it cool completely.