slow cooked pork
Basic ingredients for slow cooked pork
- 1 (3-5 lb) pork butt/shoulder/roast
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ground cloves
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups vegetable oils
How to make slow cooked pork
- Cut the roast into pieces about 1/4 inch thick. Place directly in a crockpot or baking pan.
- Mix spices and add to a crockpot.
- Add the vegetable oil. It is quite a bit of oil but doesn’t be discouraged. You won’t get the same results if you cut corners.
- Now Mix all ingredients with your hands until well coated in oil and spice.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 6-8 hours, or until meat is easily shredded using a fork.