slow cooked lamb shanks with mustard mash recipe
Basic ingredients for slow cooked lamb shanks with mustard mash recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oils
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 400 g butter beans brown sugar to your taste
- 2 tbsp chopped Parsley (plus additional for serving) Salt pepper
How to make slow cooked lamb shanks with mustard mash recipe
- Fry the Lamb Shanks. Now add olive oil to a large saucepan and heat on medium-high heat. When the oil has gotten hot, fry the lamb shanks one at a time in the pan.
- After this, Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper, and let them cook for a couple of minutes.
- When the lamb shanks are colored, take them out of the pan and set them aside on a plate.
- To Make your Sauce Reduce the heat in the pan. Next, add the chopped onions. After this, stir everything and then add the red pepper slices and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the red wine. Now Place the lamb shanks in the pan and pack them tightly. Add the garlic cloves. After the mixture has boiled, cover the pan with a lid and cook for approximately 2 hours on the stovetop or for about 2-3 hours in the oven.
- Finishing touches Mix in the butter beans, drain them, and then add to the saucepan. The butter beans should be warmed for two minutes. Once the butter beans are warm, add the parsley to the sauce and mix well. Serve Finish by adding a bit more fresh parsley.