simple chicken casserole
Basic ingredients for simple chicken casserole
- 12 ounces of egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 14-pound chicken
- 12 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons of oil
How to make simple chicken casserole
- First of all, Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- Follow the instructions on the packet to cook the egg noodles. Drain the pasta and add it to the prepared pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until it is softened. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and garlic. Slowly add chicken broth and milk. Season with salt and pepper and heat to a simmer while stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken, cheddar cheese, and peas once the mixture has thickened. Stir until cheese is melted. Spread the paste in a 9×13-inch pan.
- Mix crushed crackers, olive oil, and parmesan in a small bowl. Sprinkle the sauce over the pasta.
- After this, Bake covered in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until crackers are lightly browned. Serve immediately.