shortbread recipe with corn flour
Basic ingredients for shortbread recipe with corn flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter1, softened (226g),
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (90g), plus additional for imprinting cookies,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g),
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch (17g), Nonpareils, Jimmies, or colored sanding Sugar for Decorating, optional
How to make shortbread recipe with corn flour
- Pre-heat oven to 325F (165C). Line a baking sheet using parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl with an electric hand mixer. Beat on medium-high speed (or high speed if you are using a handheld mixer) until the mixture is lightened and fluffy. With a stand mixer, this will take about 5 minutes.
- If you use a hand mixer, it may take a little longer. Now To ensure that all the butter and sugar have been well creamed, you can pause at the bowl’s bottom and sides.Mix vanilla extract with salt. Stir until well combined.
- Mix flour and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add flour to the mixer, beating until it is well combined.
- To make smooth balls, scoop the dough into small spoon-sized pieces and lightly roll it between your palms. Place cookies on a baking sheet and space them about 2 inches (22.5-5 cm) apart.
- To gently flatten each cookie, use a fork. To prevent the cookie dough from sticking to your fork tines, dip your fork in some powdered sugar.
- If desired, sprinkle cookies with nonpareils or jimmies.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 325F (165C). When cookies are done baking, they will still look light. Now let them cool completely on a baking sheet before you remove them.