mary berry seville orange marmalade
Basic ingredients for mary berry seville orange marmalade
- 9 Seville oranges
- 3 sweet oranges
- 2 Lemons
- 4 Imperial quarts of Water
- 1 Imperial pint of Water
- 7 Pounds Sugar
- 1 Wineglass Scotch
How to make mary berry seville orange marmalade
- Slice the fruit thinly across the grain. Put the fruit in a stainless-steel pot with 4 quarts of water.
- Place the seeds in a small saucepan with 1-pint water. Bring to a boil, and let stand for 20 minutes. Place the seed liquid in a pot and cover it. Let the seeds sit for 36 hours.
- Leave the fruit kettle in the oven for two hours, covered. Once the peels are softened, heat the kettle until it is fully boiled. Continue boiling the fruit kettle, stirring frequently for an hour.
- Now Boil the mixture until it reaches 220°F. Stir in the sugar and continue to boil. Before removing from heat, stir in 1 glass of whisky. Divide the mixture into canning containers or freezer containers. You can preserve it by freezing it or taking a hot water bath.