scones made with buttermilk
These fluffy buttery scones make a great weekend brunch choice! Here’s how to make them!
Basic Ingredients for scones made with buttermilk
- 3Cup plain flour
- 4 1/2t baking soda
- 1t salt
- 1/4Cup confection sugar
- 80g cold butter cubes
- 1Cup Buttermilk (or 1T vinegar + sufficient milk to make 1C milk)
How to make scones made with buttermilk
- If there is no buttermilk, make buttermilk using vinegar and milk. Keep the buttermilk in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk for one minute.
- After this, Use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix buttermilk with a fork until it is well combined 5. Place the dough on a work surface and roll it out. 10. Dust the cutter with flour. 11. Bake for 20 minutes. Bake the scones for 20 minutes. After they are baked, transfer them to a cooling rack and let cool on a tea towel for 5-10 minutes.