roast duck breast
This duck tastes exactly like the original Chinese recipe. It has super crispy and crackly skin.
- 1 duck breast (French version Muscovy)
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon starch
- 6 cl soy sauce
- 4 500 ml water
How to make roast duck breast
- Clean, dry and wash the duck breast. Use a steamer to moisten the duck breast for 20 minutes. Make diamond-shaped cuts at every 1 cm.
- Dry Mix together the cornstarch, five-spice, soy sauce, water and brush the duck breast with this mixture.
- Allow drying for 20 minutes. After this, In a large saucepan, heat the oil and fry the duck breast until crisp. Drain the fat onto kitchen paper. Serve with your garnish choice.