roast chicken aga
Basic ingredients for roast chicken aga
- Whole skinless chicken – 1 kg or 2lbs
- For Brining: Water 2.5 liters
- Salt 4-5 Tsp
- Seasoning Salt 2 tsp
- Crushed Pepper 1 tsp
- Olive Oil 1/4 cup
- Spice Mix: Smoked Paprika 2 tsp
- Garlic Powder 2 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper, Red Chilli Powder 1/4 tsp
- Mixed Herbs 1 tsp (Mixture of dried Rosemary and Thyme, Oregano, and Basil in equal amounts.
- Other Ingredients: 1/2 tsp lemon zest
How to make roast chicken aga
- Salt and water should be combined. The chicken should remain in the brine for at least 3 hours.
- Drain the chicken from the water and dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Use a knife to make deep cuts on the brined bird. Massage the chicken with olive oil.
- Add the spice mixture you made earlier to the chicken and spread it. It should be massaged well on the entire chicken and in the cavity. Now Finally, add the lemon zest and give it a rub. Place in the fridge for one hour. Before roasting the chicken wrap the entire chicken in kitchen twine. This will be done in three places: legs, thighs, and wings.
- The whole chicken should be skewered in the rotisserie. Set the oven temperature at 250 C or 480 F. Turn on both the heating elements and convection mode. Roast the chicken for 20-25 minutes until it is cooked through and has browned on all four sides. Once the chicken is slightly charred around the edges, remove it from the oven.