roast cauliflower lemon dressing recipe
Basic ingredients for roast cauliflower lemon dressing recipe
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 red onions
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- LEMON TAHINI DRESSING:1/3 Cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup cayenne
- 1/4 cup salt
- SPICED CHICKPEAS 15 OZ can chickpeas
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne
- Salt to taste
How to make roast cauliflower lemon dressing recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 400oF Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Place them on a large baking tray. The red onion should be cut into strips of 1/4 inch and placed on the baking sheet.
- Season the cauliflower and onions with olive oils and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix the onions and cauliflower until well coated with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- After 20 minutes of roasting the onions and cauliflower in the oven, stir them and return them to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. This will ensure that the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned around the edges. Let the cauliflower cool down.
- Make the lemon tahini sauce while the onions and cauliflower are roasting. Blend the tahini with water, lemon juice, and garlic. Blend until smooth. Then, place in a container and let cool until you are ready to serve.
- Rinse the chickpeas can. Add the chickpeas to a skillet with olive oil and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the chickpeas on medium heat for five minutes or until they are slightly crispy and start to sizzle. The chickpeas should be taken off the heat.
- Once chopped, remove the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Combine the chopped parsley, spiced chickpeas, and roasted cauliflower in a bowl to make the salad. Toss the salad with the lemon tahini sauce. Serve hot or cold.