mary berry rhubarb dessert
This is the perfect dessert for an afternoon Fika! This recipe was created to accompany the Museum of Danish America’s traveling exhibition “New Nordic Cuisine”.
Basic ingredients for mary berry rhubarb dessert
- 600g oats 500g all-purpose flour
- 300g brown sugar
- 450g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rhubarb jam
- 2 cups cream butter until light and fluffy
How to make mary berry rhubarb dessert
- Mix in the brown sugar, and mix for 2-3 more minutes. Continue to mix eggs. Mix in the barley flour and then the all-purpose flour. Take care not to overmix. Continue to stir the mixture.
- Next, add the oats. You can also add the chocolate to the mixture and mix it until well combined. It will be sticky but that’s okay. Place the dough on a parchment-covered surface and cover it with another piece of parchment paper.
- Then, gently flatten it. Use a rolling pin to roll 1/3 of the dough to approximately 1″ thickness Refrigerate. Now Use parchment paper to line the bottom and sides of a pie pan.
- Place the rest of the dough in the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Make sure it is at least 1 inch thick. Add the rhubarb jam. Cut the cooled, rolled dough in thin strips using a knife (approx. Use a knife to cut the cooled, rolled dough into thin strips (approx. Bake at 400F/200C for 25-30 minutes. Let cool.