mary berry recipe for mulled wine
Mulled wine recipe is a warm spiced wine that is traditionally served during Christmas and the holiday season. This drink is great for warm evenings. In Germany, it’s known as Gluhwein and in Spain, it’s warm sangria.
Basic ingredients for mary berry recipe for mulled wine
- 1 bottle of dry red wine
- 1 orange, cut 1-2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 tablespoon Honey/maple syrup/sugar (optional),
- 1/4 cup (60ml), Brandy/rum
How to make mary berry recipe for mulled wine
- Combine red wine, cinnamon stick, and star anise in a medium saucepan. Add sweetener, brandy, sugar, and sliced oranges.
- Heat the saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10-15 minutes on low heat. 3. Serve in glasses.
- Notes: You can increase or decrease the alcohol content (brandy, rum/whisky) to make it stronger or more light. You can also add fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped apples, blueberries, or any other fruit you choose to enhance the flavor.