recipe for gooseberry fool
Basic ingredients for recipe for gooseberry fool
- 500g Gooseberries
- Two Tbsp Honey
- Four Tbsp Elderflower cordial Juice of one Lemon
- 350ml Thick Greek Yoghurt
How to make recipe for gooseberry fool
- COOK THE GOOSEBERRIES. Wash the gooseberries well, tail and top them, and then put them in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan with honey, cordial, and lemon juice. Let the gooseberries boil gently on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- CHILL Crush the gooseberries lightly with a fork. Let cool in a bowl for at least two hours. You can do this up to two days in advance.
- MIX AND FINISH Incorporate the cooked gooseberries in the yogurt for a rippled effect. Serve the fool in glasses. Chill until ready to serve.